Monday, February 15, 2010

Biding Time

The habit of eating when bored is coming back to me.  Fortunately, I've gotten through the rough patches by chowing on sugar-free popsicles.  Unfortunately, I'm addicted to sugar-free popsicles.

 

I need to find ways to keep busy at home.  It's too cold to walk at night after dinner, and too dark to walk right after work.  I'm getting tired of taking baths, if that's even possible.  For my benefit only, below is a list of ideas to keep myself busy at night:

 

  • Dance Dance Revolution.  I got the PS2 for a reason...
  • Serious Housekeeping.  I could spend an hour per night on some serious spot cleaning in my apartment.  My bathroom and bookshelf could use some serious attention.
  • Drawing.  I like doing it, and I'm pretty good at it when I focus.  I bought a pad, some charcoal and pastels last week.  Now I have to use them.
  • Blog.  I could do it more, but I hate being on the computer when I'm home.
  • Write.  See above.
  • Get a Life.  Easier said than done.  I hate going out on weeknights.  Admittedly, this should be easier since I don't drink anymore, but still.  I need to decompress after work, and I don't want to be around people or at a bar to do it.

 

The next step is managing the time I watch television.  I never thought it would come to this, but I'm addicted to certain television shows:  RuPaul's Drag Race, No Reservations, Lost, and Project Runway, to name the most important.  When I'm not watching these shows, I'm watching stuff I've seen before.  I'm wasting time.  I need to cut back my television time to only include these shows.  When I'm not watching TV I could be focusing on those other enriching activities.

 

Now I need to put the plan into action!  I will report at the end of the week!

 

So there's that,

 

Laura

No comments: