Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lordy Lordy, Look Who Lost 40!

That would be me.

I've lost 40 pounds since my surgery 9 weeks ago, 67 pounds since my highest weight at the end of 2008.

That's pretty fucking awesome.

It's weird, but I keep thinking I'm not losing enough WHICH IS CRAZYTALK AND I'LL NOT HAVE IT.  Forty pounds in two months is nothing to pee on.  That's an average of 4.5 pounds per week.  

However, if I'd actually lost at that rate, I'd probably be more satisfied with it.  Instead, I lost 20 pounds in the first 3 weeks, went through a stall, lost 10 more pounds, then went through another long stall during which my weight fluctuated.  Suddenly I dropped 7 pounds over the weekend.  Don't get me wrong, I'll take it; it's just so suspenseful.

The odds are in my favor that I'm gonna lose weight.  Nevertheless, weekly weigh-ins are still nailbiters.  I can tell I lost bunches of inches (though I haven't measured), but it's that number on the scale that means so much.  That's always been the bottom line.  

But then again, who the eff sees your scale, knows your weight?  No one!  That's why I'm going to focus on my body shape and clothing sizes when gauging my weight loss.  That's the stuff that's out there in the world, not my number on the scale.  I need to take satisfaction in how I look and feel.

So there's that,

Laura

No comments: